Advising on interpretation issues and acting for insureds in respect of various matters, including:
- acting for an insured in a dispute with the insurer about disclosure issues
- dealing with the insurers of counter-parties to resolve disputes
- advising insured clients on notification, disclosure and contribution to settlement issues
- acting for an insured accountant in a negligence claim concerning the sale of a business
- acting for insured lawyers in negligence claims
- acting for insured real estate agents for claims about misleading representations, involving conduit issues
- advising on rights to insurance proceeds in an insolvency context.